Skip to main content

The Spice Girls are back in showbiz

Yes... the girls whom we all oh-so familiar with - the Spice Girls - are back! =)

I can vividly remember what a big hit they were. I bought all their cds, and I even bought their Spice World movie (and watched it umpteen times). Thinking of them would remind me of my teeny bopper years as a secondary school kid, still in braces, long skirt and horrifying skin. Haha.

But the world can never forget the Spice girls. They were IT in the '90s. They still are, however, in everyone's minds though, because every time when there is news of any one of the girls, they would not only have their names published, but also their nickname as a Spice Girl.

For example, Victoria Beckham (omg my favourite Spice Girl since) would always have an "aka Posh Spice" when news or stories about her are written.

With these references, how can the world forget?

In case you already forgot their names (heaven forbid)... here's the list.

Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham, Melanie "Sporty Spice" Chisholm, Emma "Baby Spice" Bunton and Melanie "Scary Spice" Brown

Here's to jog your memory how they looked like back in the '90s.



Haha... They looked a bit wild and crazy don't you think. Especially Scary spice... really scarrryyyy. LOL.

And here's what they look like now!



All cleaned up, more mature and looking ever so gooood! At least I think so. Heh. I love Posh Spice's hairdo now as compared to the one before, the cropped hair really suits her! But Scary Spice should change her nickname man... she doesn't look so scary anymore. Haha.

And so, the girls are back... reunited and releasing a new album. Their CD will be available starting Nov 13 at all Victoria's Secret stores.

The "Spice Girls: Greatest Hits" features 13 hits, including "Wannabe" and "Spice up Your Life," and two new songs, "Voodoo" and the upcoming single, "Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)."

Capitol said the disc will be available nationwide January 15.

Shucks. How I wish I can be in the US now. Then I can be the first in Singapore to get hold of their CD. Haha.

So the question is whether they will still survive in the 21st century, reunited and looking better than ever.

My answer is,"DEFINITELY!!"

The Spice Girls were/are IT! No one else can replace them. They are the only girl group that I lurrrve (unlike some taiwan trio whose singing really puts me off). They are the idols of girl power. They are the Spice Girls!!

I am their all time fan. I can memorise all their songs. If only the Spice Girls would add Singapore into their list for their reunion music tour =\

Their reunion tour opens December 2 in Vancouver, Canada. Other confirmed dates: San Jose, California, December 4; Los Angeles, California, December. 5 and December 7; and Las Vegas, Nevada, December. 8-9.

Source: Spice Girls team up with Victoria's Secret

Comments

xyz said…
hey ! welcome to nuffnang.

do visit & tag me @ http://pop-a-mel-in-your-mouth.blogspot.com/

:) :) btw , i love spice girls too. esp by spice and posh spice...
who's ur fav in spice girls? are they coming to sg btw?

Popular posts from this blog

Tips to a Successful Blog Shop

Recently, or maybe not that recent, I've noticed that there has been an influx of blogshops. For the unsure, blogshops are just like any other shop, selling just about anything, just that it is set up online. Being an avid shopper, as well as one who spends time on the internet often, I have seen myself succumb to buying from blogshops. Many a time, my purchases are sweeeeet! I've not met any dead sellers or had any trouble with getting my items. But don't get me wrong... I still shop at retail shops. In fact, I love both :) Blog shops are fun to scroll through when I just don't have the time to step out (when exams are round the corner). Apart from being a buyer from online shops, I have also tried selling stuff by setting up my own blog shop. It didn't go so well though. Naturally, I prefer buying to selling stuff. Those who buy from blogshops, you may think that it is easy work, but it is a hell lot of work for the sellers. They have to choose the supplies from

Do you like Shark's Fin Soup?

There has always been talks about how fishermen leverage on the huge market for the consumption of sharks' fins and throw the dying shark back to the water after snipping off their fins, aka "live-finning". In JC, I've even watched a documentary endorsed by our very own Stephanie Sun (Sun Yan Zi) about the harm that this is causing on those sharks and other marine life. All these news left me a bit apprehensive and I even swore to lay off shark's fin. However, a few years ago, I remember hearing from my mum, after she had read an article on the Straits Times that we can eat shark's fin without guilt . An excerpt below: However, these sensational pictures obscure the fact that many within the industry are against such practices. The vast majority of fins in the market are taken from sharks after their death. This is the preliminary finding of a review made with the assistance of shark experts, fishermen, captains of big fishi

Animals, Babies and Sex advertisements

In my promotional management class, I was taught that there are 3 types of ads which will attract attention. Three things that attract people's attention 1) Babies 2) Animals 3) Sex Simple but true right? Remember the last time you saw an advertisement with a baby featured in it? Let me give you an example. A classic ad which uses babies. This ad was from Parmalat milk. Their campaign's slogan was - "Because we're mammals". http://www.ciadvertising.org/sa/spring_03/382J/grace/milk_page_nizan.htm Aren't they cuteeeeee? I especially like the panda baby. Maximum cuteness!! Yea, so, babies. Babies attract attention ;) Next, we'll move on to animals! Animals are always cute aren't they? Imagine an ad with this cute lil' hamster. awwwww..... got this pic from google. link: http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb255/fhat1/hamster.jpg Actually, I did see an ad recently with a hamster. Can't find it now though, but no worries! I found another ad with a h